CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The newest member of the Thyroid Club

Hi, my name is lee lee. And I have a Hypothyroid.

Yes, that's right. I spoke to my doctor yesterday and, after 4 tests with different levels, she finally feels comfortable diagnosing me as having an underactive thyroid. Apparently, my mom and grandma both had or have thyroid things as well. But I didn't really know that until recently, so I can let my doctor know at my next check-in/blood test. She called in a prescription I can't remember the name of and that is that. I had lots of questions for her, but when she called me last night I was in Target trying to find floaty things for babies to wear in the pool (i.e. our jacuzzi tub), so my mind wasn't really in the right place. But the doctor seems very happy that, at the least, I'm [probably] not clinically depressed again. I guess I am happy about that, too. Though I do have an Adjustment Disorder. So There.

In fact, everyone seems pretty relieved that we can blame all of this anxiety and fatigue on the thyroid and get back to business. And I guess i am included in that group of people, except I don't want to have too much faith in the medication because I've done a lot of reading where people say it takes months to regulate meds for thyroid conditions since everyone's thyroid is so very different. I guess we will find out. It would be nice if I could stay up past 8:30 or so, especially with the Red Sox on the damn West Coast! Also, while I have no hope of losing any weight, I would definitely like to stop gaining. Mainly because I cannot afford any more new clothes right now. Maybe I will find some fat girl business casual clothes on the side of the road... *fingers crossed*

And, as I told McKnight last night, I've never really been one of those "energetic" people--so we will definitely not get our hopes up about that!

0 comments:

i like e-mail